History

FPCD has a long history of perseverance and community involvement. The church began as a mission Sunday school in 1886 under the direction of the national Cumberland Presbyterian Church. In 1907, the church united with the Presbyterian Church in the United States and became First Presbyterian Church. Over the years, the congregation has faced many challenges, including financial struggles during the Great Depression, but has rebounded and continued to grow through the contributions of pastors and dedicated members. The church has expanded its mission to include outreach programs, sister-church relationships, and a multicultural ministry.